Be responsible for planning various states of Software Development Cycle and providing support on mainframe applications in development, enhancements, maintenance, production and Mainframe Infrastructure and Deployment support The specific job duties include:
- Convert business requirements into the high-level technical architecture design specs;
- Code new or modify existing application components as per the business requirements using COBOL, DB2/IDMS, CICS, VSAM, and JCL;
- Support SIT and UAT teams with the requirements clarifications and execute / schedule required jobs;
- Attend daily standup, Sprint planning, pointing and retrospective meetings;
- Prepare unit test cases and fix defects raised by testing team;
- Perform tasks of moving code to UAT\Clone environments using Electric flow;
- Create and maintain CICS programs;
- Track changes for each release and manage the source using Electric Flow, Workbench, ChangeMan and ERO;
- Work with DB2 database, develop stored procedures, code complex queries for batch and online programs, and prepare / load DB2 data with DB2 platinum;
- Build Mainframe Environments like DEV, SIT, UAT etc. as per the application needs;
- Automate manual tasks and set up auto reporting function using REXX.; and
- Perform various tasks relating to data (sorting data for down-stream processing, merging data from different input files and for reports) using SyncSort and other sorting utilities.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, MIS or in a closely related field plus minimum 5 years of experience in the same or a related occupation such as software developer, IT technical lead, systems / programmer analyst.
Full time in St. Louis, MO metro area.